About Me

  • Jonathan Lee Hsien Jun is a random boy staying at Yishun.

Tagboard

  • <

Archives

Music


  • being simple as it should be
    more than enough to understand
    like my permanent underwears

    Friday, August 6, 2010

    Inception was awesome! The director thought big, but left some gaps (intentionally?) for the audience to fill in on their own. The pace was fast and the conversation was fraught with rapid intellectual exchange. To fully decipher it would require a second watching, but I'm not so keen. My friend introduced me to two romance movies: PS I Love You, and Love Me If You Dare. Gonna watch them soon!

    Inception made me cry. Mal and Leo's relationship was so sad. She mentioned that he had a dream about marrying her. However, dreams weren't enough for him, and the impactful sentence "You're just not good enough" hit me. He couldn't let her go, and his projection of her equally wanted him back dearly. In certain aspects, all this seemed very close at heart, and it was just so touching! I wanted to see more of him and Mal, however the movie had to focus on other areas as well. Man, this sure gives me ideas... a whole new movie could just be made based on Mal and Leo's relationship!

    Came across an old lady selling random stuffs on the roadside at orchard at 10.30pm, an absurd timing. There was even Maggie Mee. There were some lame bags for sale, of which cost $26 each(totally not worth that much)!! What's more, each packet of tissue cost $2. While the assortment of stuffs she had clearly showed she was either one of the higher-grade beggars, or someone who just wanted to earn a living at an old age, the exorbitant prices didn't seem to match up with the heinous look she gave us when we reconfirmed if ONE PACKET of tissue was $2. We thought it meant a whole stack of 5 tissue packets! The old lady's look was clearly that of "You trying to expose me is it? As if I don't know it is over priced. Stop asking and just buy it lah." A look of guilt mixed with desperate selfishness. I've seen much more sincere beggars who offer to sell 2-5 tissue packets for $1, and even thank you after that. This old lady never even said a word of thanks, and was even slyly coaxing us to buy her bags. Do not be mistaken, this has nothing to do with money; it boils down to the behaviour of the old lady. Respect, as well as trust, is earned by proper etiquette/behaviour. That beggar didn't earn my respect, and never will. When we parted, she asked me to sms her when I reached home. I didn't expect that and was so touched.

    She said she slept hugging rolly last night! I smiled with a warm feeling. It seems like it was only yesterday that I gave that stuff-toy to her. I loved that stuff-toy very much - it was so cute! It reminds me of HL104's "I Love To You" by Laura Mulvey(?) or someone else I forgot. I'm about to sleep soon with the piyo beside me as usual too!

    Lovely song I came across:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoxccKh_HY